The Raven Book Store now offers audiobooks which you can listen to on your iPhone, Android device, or PC, thanks to our partnership with independent audiobook vendor Libro.fm! We know that our customers love books, however they can partake of them, and sometimes they just want to listen to a good book: on the morning commute, during household chores, or while you're hiding from your family at holiday functions (just kidding...yep, totally kidding). That's why we're so excited to help you sign up with Libro.fm through the Raven Book Store.
But why should I use Libro.fm? A good question, with several good answers:
- A digital library of over 90,000 titles, with constant monthly updates and uploads
- The iOS and Android Apps for Libro.fm are free to download and use
- Your first month/audiobook of your membership plan is $0.99
- Your monthly fee after that after that is $14.99 (one audiobook/month)
- You can buy additional audiobooks and audiobook gifts after your monthly credit for 30% off
- Audio quality is 2x greater than the industry standard
- Audiobooks are DRM-free, so you can listen to them on multiple devices
- Membership credits never expire
- You can browse and listen ad-free
- You get regular recommendations from booksellers (like us!) about the best new audiobooks
- Your money supports independent bookstores
- Libro.fm pays publishers and authors a fair rate, no matter what
We'll level with you a little bit, too: if you use Libro.fm through our Raven Book Store site portal, we get a little bit of money on every purchase you make, which helps pay for all of our regular services and continue to do our best work for everyone. We here at the Raven enjoy the heck out of Libro.fm and find it to be a viable, even superior alternative to Amazon's Audible, for instance, since our membership credits never expire and we can listen to our audiobooks DRM-free, among other things. What Libro.fm might lack in some of Audible's exclusive audiobooks, it gains in its independence, economic fairness, and overall quality of service.
It's easy to sign up with Libro.fm through the Raven Book Store. Here's how:
- Visit libro.fm/ravenbookstore. Make sure the Raven logo is at the top left of the page!
- Click Sign-up to create an account (or the menu button if on a mobile device).
- Enter your preferred email address.
- Check for a verification email and provide further information as prompted.
And that's all it takes! From there you can buy an audiobook or sign up for a membership, download the Libro.fm app, and start listening!
Here's a list of new releases you can find on Libro.fm:
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • TIME’S #1 FICTION TITLE OF THE YEAR • NEW YORK TIMES NOTABLE BOOK OF 2018
FINALIST for the MAN BOOKER PRIZE and the NATIONAL BOOK CRITICS CIRCLE AWARD
LONGLISTED for the ANDREW CARNEGIE MEDAL
“Gritty, empathetic, finely rendered, no sugary toppings, and a lot of punches, none of
Now an HBO limited series starring Ben Mendelsohn!
Evil has many faces…maybe even yours in this #1 New York Times bestseller from master storyteller Stephen King.
An eleven-year-old boy’s violated corpse is discovered in a town park.
From the author of How Should a Person Be? (“one of the most talked-about books of the year”—Time Magazine) and the New York Times Bestseller Women in Clothes comes a daring novel about whether to have children.
New York Times Bestseller • TIME Magazine’s Best Nonfiction Book of 2018 • New York Public Library’s Best Book of 2018 • NPR’s Book Concierge Best Book of 2018 • Economist Book of the Year • SELF.com’s Best Books of 2018 • Audible’s Best of the Year • BookRiot’s Best Audio Boo