Of Course It's a Big Deal: A Story about Learning to React Calmly and Appropriatelyvolume 3 (Executive Function #3) (Paperback)
This book is in stock at our warehouse and will be at the Raven within 3-5 Business Days, once they've shipped it to us.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Executive Function series.
- #1: What Were You Thinking?: A Story about Learning to Control Your Impulses Volume 1 (Executive Function #1) (Paperback): $11.95
- #2: My Day Is Ruined!: A Story for Teaching Flexible Thinking Volume 2 (Executive Function #2) (Paperback): $11.95
- #4: It Was Just Right Here!: Volume 4 (Executive Function #4) (Paperback): $10.95
- #5: Time to Get Started!: A Story about Learning to Take Initiative and Get Thinks Donevolume 5 (Executive Function #5) (Paperback): $10.95
- #6: What's the Problem?: A Story Teaching Problem Solvingvolume 6 (Executive Function #6) (Paperback): $10.95
- #7: How Did You Miss That?: A Story about Teaching Self-Monitoring Volume 7 (Executive Function #7) (Paperback): $11.95
- #8: I'll Never Get All of That Done!: A Story about Planning and Prioritizing Volume 8 (Executive Function #8) (Paperback): $10.95
- #9: Fix It with Focus: A Story about Ignoring Distractions and Staying on Task Volume 9 (Executive Function #9) (Paperback): $11.95
When children don't get what they want or expect, they often get upset and angry.Reacting calmly and appropriately during these times is an important skill for children to learn and use to be successful at home, school, and with others. Braden brings the drama to every minor misunderstanding and annoyance in his life What was supposed to be a carefree afternoon of go-cart racing and putt-putt golfing quickly turns sour when Braden shouts and pouts about the rules. When homework interferes with Braden's plans, he overreacts again, and makes things even more difficult on himself. But Mom and Dad are there to teach Braden the best way to react calmly. Will Braden ever learn to keep his cool in the face of disappointment? Will every discouraging moment send him into an emotional meltdown? Find out what lessons are learned in this fast-paced story about the perils of overreacting and losing self-control. This is Bryan Smith's third title in the Executive Function series. Tips for parents and educators are included at the end to help set children up for success by reacting calmly and appropriately when upset or angry. The series also includes:
- What Were You Thinking?
- My Day Is Ruined
- It Was Just Right Here
- Time To Get Started
- What's The Problem
- How Did You Miss That?
- I'll Never Get All of That Done
- Fix It with Focus
- How Do I Remember All That?
About the Author
Bryan Smith has worked in the education field for more than 15 years, first as an elementary school teacher then as a school counselor. He excels at teaching students life skills that will take them far and help them succeed. Bryan is a children's book author whose authored the popular Executive FUNction children's book series which won the Counselor's Choice Award. This series was reviewed by Licensed Mental Health Therapists who chose it for Recognition of Quality in the Field.