Be a Hobbit, Save the Earth: : the Guide to Sustainable Shire Living (Paperback)
Would you rather live in Middle Earth?
Escape your troublesome modern existence?
Eat organic mushrooms for second breakfast before heading out to burgle Smaug?
Do the problems of our modern world-Climate Change, Toxic Big Ag, and the Plastic Pollution of our oceans and fish-seem a whole lot like the threat of Sauron and The Ring ?
Are you afraid you'll awaken, one day, to a Silent Spring?
Does the chaos of government corruption and corporate greed feel like the work of orcs, trolls, and Ringwraiths?
How can one person ever hope to make a dent in such enormous challenges? They seem too big for any individual to tackle.
Don't you think Frodo felt the same way?
But the hobbits were the very ones responsible for bringing an end to Sauron and Saruman And YOU can be a modern hobbit All it takes is the courage to step out of your door and be swept away into a real life adventure, against real life challenges
Best-selling author, Steve Bivans, spent decades researching the effects of Mordor on our modern world. Instead of giving in to despair, he developed a plan, a map if you will, to guide us to a better world, to build a modern Shire on Earth, one step at a time.
It's not easy, but it is Simple.
We begin by transforming our own minds:
- Essentially evolving from Homo Sapien to Homo Hobbitla, becoming a modern hobbit
- And no, you don't have to move into a hole in the ground, or into the country. You can do it in a condo, or in the 'burbs.'
We transform our homes into hobbit holes:
- Minimize our stuff
- Eat healthier and tastier food from our organic, home gardens and from local farmers markets
- Use less plastic, and more sustainable materials, like Hemp, bioplastics, reclaimed wood, stone, and glass.
Then we get to work in our communities and neighborhoods to turn them into little Shires
- Build community gardens and farmers markets
- Utilize the Sharing Economy
- Work to maximize Compassion, Understanding, and Acceptance instead of Fear
And last, we export Shireness to all the World
- Cut back on our use of fossil fuels
- Support clean energy initiatives and help to clean up our oceans.
- Vote out the Sarumans and Saurons, and vote in fellow Hobbits.
From the author: "It's hard to affect change in the world. It seems that Dark Riders and orcs are writing the story. I get it. I spent years studying the ills of our planet, and a decade studying the history of warfare (speaking of 'ills'). It would be easy for us to throw our hands up in despair. But that would guarantee victory for the Saurons and Sarumans of our world. And I'm just not willing to let them have it I know we can save our modern Middle Earth, if we only work together, as modern hobbits. There are some things still worth fighting for."
No way, Frodo Scroll back up, click BUY NOW, and become a Hobbit.
Then help us build a new Shire, and Save the Earth
About the Author
Steve Bivans is a Viking scholar by training. He holds a master's degree in history, and when not writing a 500 page book on 'being a Hobbit, ' is working on a dissertation on Viking Warfare to obtain his Ph.D. in history from the University of Minnesota. He lives in Saint Paul, Minnesota with his girlfriend, her son, two Viking Pirate Kitties, and Bubble, the dog.