Rakkety Tam (Redwall #17) (Mass Market)
This book is in stock at our warehouse and will be at the Raven within 3-5 Business Days, once they've shipped it to us.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 17 in the Redwall series.
- #1: Redwall: 30th Anniversary Edition (Mass Market): $8.99
- #2: Mossflower (Redwall #2) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #3: Mattimeo (Redwall #3) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #4: Mariel of Redwall (Mass Market): $8.99
- #5: Salamandastron (Redwall #5) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #6: Martin the Warrior (Redwall #6) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #7: The Bellmaker (Redwall #7) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #8: Outcast of Redwall (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: Pearls of Lutra: A Tale from Redwall (Paperback): $8.99
- #10: The Long Patrol: A Tale from Redwall (Paperback): $8.99
- #11: Marlfox (Redwall #11) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #12: Legend of Luke (Redwall #12) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #13: Lord Brocktree: A Tale from Redwall (Paperback): $8.99
- #14: Taggerung (Redwall #14) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #15: Triss: A Tale from Redwall (Paperback): $8.99
- #16: Loamhedge (Redwall #16) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #18: High Rhulain (Redwall #18) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #19: Eulalia!: A Tale from Redwall (Paperback): $8.99
- #20: Doomwyte: A Tale from Redwall (Paperback): $8.99
- #21: The Sable Quean (Redwall #21) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #22: The Rogue Crew (Redwall #22) (Mass Market): $8.99
New York Times bestselling author Brian Jacques gives us another tales of Redwall, filled with “The Knights of the Round Table with paws” (The Sunday Times) along with their friends and enemies.
Rakkety Tam MacBurl is a brave border warrior who has travelled south in search of adventure. But when his army is attacked by an evil flesh-eating band, adventure finds him.
Gulo the Savage, wolverine, flesh-eater and brutal killer, has come to Mossflower in search of his brother who stole the mystical stone that will make one of them king of the lands of ice and snow. Anybeast who gets in Gulo’s way is dead meat. And he’s heading for the peaceful Redwall Abbey unless Rakkety Tam can stop him.
About the Author
Brian Jacques was both a master storyteller and a jack-of-all-trades. He lived the life of a sailor, actor, stand-up comedian, radio host, bobby, even a bus driver. He was the recipient of an honorary doctorate in literature from the University of Liverpool and a New York Times bestselling author of more than twenty-five books for younger readers, including the wildly popular Redwall series. Dr. Jacques was a lifelong resident of Liverpool, England.
Praise for the Redwall series
“Brian Jacques has the true fantasy writer’s ability to create a wholly new and believable world.” –School Library Journal
“The medieval world of Redwall Abbey—where gallant mouse warriors triumph over evil invaders—has truly become the stuff of legend.” –Seattle Post-Intelligencer
“A grand adventure story. Once the reader is hooked, there is no peace until the final page.” –Chicago Sun-Times
“Jacques’s effortless, fast-paced narrative gets its readers quickly hooked. He clearly loves this other world he has created—there’s a genius sense of involvement and care (lots of lovingly descriptive passages), as well as an overflowing, driving imagination.” –Birmingham Post
“Redwall is both an incredible and ingratiating place, one to which readers will doubtless cheerfully return.” –New York Times Book Review
“An excellent adventure with an enlightened conscience. Brilliantly complex. With vibrant and distinct animal characters, Jacques’s classically inspired plot-weaving achieves virtuosity.” –Publishers Weekly
“Only a churl would reject this morality play in fur.” –Kirkus Reviews
“Filled with the kind of vibrant storytelling that fans of Jacques have come to expect. His dialogue is lively and delightful to read aloud…so rich in detail that the sights and sounds and smells of the adventure pull the reader in.” –Grand Rapids Press (MI)
“A richly imagined world in which bloody battles vie for attention with copious feasting and tender romancing. Where males and females are heroes and warriors. Where the young triumph and the old endure. Where intelligence is as valued as strength and wit is frequently more important than size…[Jacques] continues to surprise and delight with intriguing plots and fresh faces.” –Cincinnati Enquirer
“The Knights of the Round Table with paws.” –The Sunday Times (London)