Mossflower (Redwall #2) (Mass Market)
This book is in stock at our warehouse and will be at the Raven within 3-5 Business Days, once they've shipped it to us.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Redwall series.
- #1: Redwall: 30th Anniversary Edition (Mass Market): $8.99
- #3: Mattimeo (Redwall #3) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #4: Mariel of Redwall (Mass Market): $8.99
- #5: Salamandastron (Redwall #5) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #6: Martin the Warrior (Redwall #6) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #7: The Bellmaker (Redwall #7) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #8: Outcast of Redwall (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: Pearls of Lutra: A Tale from Redwall (Paperback): $8.99
- #10: The Long Patrol: A Tale from Redwall (Paperback): $8.99
- #11: Marlfox (Redwall #11) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #12: Legend of Luke (Redwall #12) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #13: Lord Brocktree: A Tale from Redwall (Paperback): $8.99
- #14: Taggerung (Redwall #14) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #15: Triss: A Tale from Redwall (Paperback): $8.99
- #16: Loamhedge (Redwall #16) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #17: Rakkety Tam (Redwall #17) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #18: High Rhulain (Redwall #18) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #19: Eulalia!: A Tale from Redwall (Paperback): $8.99
- #20: Doomwyte: A Tale from Redwall (Paperback): $8.99
- #21: The Sable Quean (Redwall #21) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #22: The Rogue Crew (Redwall #22) (Mass Market): $8.99
The Redwall series is soon to be a Netflix original movie!
The thrilling prequel to Redwall, a must-read for any fan of the beloved, bestselling Redwall saga.
The clever and greedy wildcat Tsarmina becomes ruler of all Mossflower Woods and is determined to govern the peaceful woodlanders with an iron paw. The brave mouse Martin and quick-talking mouse thief Gonff meet in the depths of Kotir Castle's dungeon. The two escape and resolve to end Tsarmina's tyrannical rule. Joined by Kinny the mole, Martin and Gonff set off on a dangerous quest for Salamandastron, where they are convinced that their only hope, Boar the Fighter, still lives.
Perfect for fans of T. A. Barron’s Merlin saga, John Flanagan’s Ranger’s Apprentice series, and J. R. R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings series.
About the Author
Brian Jacques was both a master storyteller and a jack-of-all-trades. He lived the life of a sailor, actor, stand-up comedian, radio host, bobby, even a bus driver. He was the recipient of an honorary doctorate in literature from the University of Liverpool and a New York Times bestselling author of more than twenty-five books for younger readers, including the wildly popular Redwall series. Dr. Jacques was a lifelong resident of Liverpool, England.
Praise for the Redwall series
“Brian Jacques has the true fantasy writer’s ability to create a wholly new and believable world.”—School Library Journal
“The medieval world of Redwall Abbey—where gallant mouse warriors triumph over evil invaders—has truly become the stuff of legend.”—Seattle Post-Intelligencer
“A grand adventure story. Once the reader is hooked, there is no peace until the final page.”—Chicago Sun-Times
“Jacques’s effortless, fast-paced narrative gets its readers quickly hooked. He clearly loves this other world he has created—there’s a genius sense of involvement and care (lots of lovingly descriptive passages), as well as an overflowing, driving imagination.”—Birmingham Post
“Redwall is both an incredible and ingratiating place, one to which readers will doubtless cheerfully return.”—New York Times Book Review
“An excellent adventure with an enlightened conscience. Brilliantly complex. With vibrant and distinct animal characters, Jacques’s classically inspired plot-weaving achieves virtuosity.”—Publishers Weekly
“Only a churl would reject this morality play in fur.”—Kirkus Reviews
“Filled with the kind of vibrant storytelling that fans of Jacques have come to expect. His dialogue is lively and delightful to read aloud…so rich in detail that the sights and sounds and smells of the adventure pull the reader in.”—Grand Rapids Press (MI)
“A richly imagined world in which bloody battles vie for attention with copious feasting and tender romancing. Where males and females are heroes and warriors. Where the young triumph and the old endure. Where intelligence is as valued as strength and wit is frequently more important than size…[Jacques] continues to surprise and delight with intriguing plots and fresh faces.”—Cincinnati Enquirer
“The Knights of the Round Table with paws.”—The Sunday Times (London)