The Raven Book Store now offers audiobooks which you can listen to on your iPhone, Android device, or PC, thanks to our partnership with independent audiobook vendor Libro.fm! We know that our customers love books, however they can partake of them, and sometimes they just want to listen to a good book: on the morning commute, during household chores, or while you're hiding from your family at holiday functions (just kidding...yep, totally kidding). That's why we're so excited to help you sign up with Libro.fm through the Raven Book Store.
But why should I use Libro.fm? A good question, with several good answers:
- A digital library of over 90,000 titles, with constant monthly updates and uploads
- The iOS and Android Apps for Libro.fm are free to download and use
- Your first month/audiobook of your membership plan is $0.99
- Your monthly fee after that after that is $14.99 (one audiobook/month)
- You can buy additional audiobooks and audiobook gifts after your monthly credit for 30% off
- Audio quality is 2x greater than the industry standard
- Audiobooks are DRM-free, so you can listen to them on multiple devices
- Membership credits never expire
- You can browse and listen ad-free
- You get regular recommendations from booksellers (like us!) about the best new audiobooks
- Your money supports independent bookstores
- Libro.fm pays publishers and authors a fair rate, no matter what
We'll level with you a little bit, too: if you use Libro.fm through our Raven Book Store site portal, we get a little bit of money on every purchase you make, which helps pay for all of our regular services and continue to do our best work for everyone. We here at the Raven enjoy the heck out of Libro.fm and find it to be a viable, even superior alternative to Amazon's Audible, for instance, since our membership credits never expire and we can listen to our audiobooks DRM-free, among other things. What Libro.fm might lack in some of Audible's exclusive audiobooks, it gains in its independence, economic fairness, and overall quality of service.
It's easy to sign up with Libro.fm through the Raven Book Store. Here's how:
- Visit libro.fm/ravenbookstore. Make sure the Raven logo is at the top left of the page!
- Click Sign-up to create an account (or the menu button if on a mobile device).
- Enter your preferred email address.
- Check for a verification email and provide further information as prompted.
And that's all it takes! From there you can buy an audiobook or sign up for a membership, download the Libro.fm app, and start listening!
Here's a list of new releases you can find on Libro.fm:
From bestselling comic-book franchise writer Charles Soule comes a clever and witty first novel of a twentysomething New Yorker who wakes up one morning with the power to predict the future—perfect for fans of Joe Hill and Brad Meltzer, or books like This Book Is Full of Spiders and Welcome to Night Vale.
Named a Most Anticipated Book of 2018 by Entertainment Weekly, Glamour, Buzzfeed, Elle, Cosmopolitan, The Millions, InStyle, Bustle, BookRiot, and Southern Living
Sloane Crosley returns to the form that made her a household name in really quite a lot of households: Essays
"Riveting . . . Beautifully told." --Boston Globe
"An honest and important book . . . Vivid writing and required reading." --Stephen King
"Perceptive and generous-hearted . . . Uncompromising . . . Jamison is a writer of exacting grace." --Washington Post